The Plastik – Flourish Outfit (Cailin Dress)
Hey guys! Finally I have a small break from rl classes, so I have more time to blog ^^ Two things for today – this awesome dress is part of the Flourish Outfit at The Plastik for 50L Friday. The second thing is that Berry’s latest challenge asked us to “List 5 pieces of advice you would give to a newcomer that has just joined Second Life.“
1. Think about what you want to do in Second Life, and then go seek it out – don’t be afraid to look for new opportunities.
I think that’s a big part of why newcomers don’t get it – SL doesn’t have objectives; just those that you set for yourself. There are so MANY things you can do in SL, such as..
- Music (playing or listening)
- Dancing (or dancer)
- Real estate (business)
- Driving vehicles
- Community Roleplaying
- Fashion modeling
- Adult activities
- Writer (blogging/magazine/newspaper)
- and more!
No one should ever be able to say that they are bored if they are new to SL….it’s impossible! :D
2. Don’t get caught up in other people’s drama.
I’ll give you a clue – if someone has “No drama” on their profile, chances are they run into a LOT of drama. It’s a given that most people don’t like drama – it’s draining, and SL goes way too fast time-wise to get caught up in that. So if someone has to explicitly say that…chances are they attract trouble. If your circle of friends are fighting, always try to seek the truth and don’t take other people’s point of view blindly.
3. Read blogs, magazines, newspapers, videos, social media, etc about Second Life to learn more about it and to keep up with the latest news. Chances are you will discover something new, and can use it to your advantage. Plus, you will look knowledgeable to your friends, and they can count on you to keep them informed.
4. Get involved in SL by participating (work or volunteer) at a place of business or organization. I learned so much because of SL, and I was able to apply rl experience in SL as well. All of this boosted my confidence significantly.
5. Keep an open mind and positive attitude. Some people bring in their rl negativity to SL. Everyone has different experiences, so try to learn something from them.
Dress: :[P]:- Cailin Dress-Cross // Flourish (only 50L today!)
Skin: -Glam Affair - Mokatana – Jamaica 06 F
Hair: /Wasabi Pills/ Lisa Mesh Hair – Black coffee
[PF] Lipstick <Deep> – Shine (pink) (current group gift)
Eyeliner: ~Oceane~Bardot ES Noire
Feet: Slink Female Feet (AvEnhance) M – High
Tattoo: [White~Widow - NORMAL TAN] Les Fleurs Du Mal