If you haven’t stopped by the magical event called Enchantment, then you still have time to do so. The theme is based on Cinderella, so you can imagine the wonderful things that are out and about. Blacklace Lounge currently has the Ella Outfit in 5 colors – something for everyone. The event ends tomorrow, so don’t wait too long!
I’m not sure why it seems harder to make this blog post for this rez day. Maybe because for some reason, 7 years in SL is a huge deal for me. I think it’s because when you do something for 7 years, that means that you have put significant time and effort into it. I think the next major rez day will be 10 years in Second Life (if I make it that long).
I will say that I wonder how Sansar will impact my time in Second Life – I may not even want to stay in SL for whatever reason. There were people who were so gung ho about Sansar last year that it seemed like they were ready to leave SL right that instant. Also, there is real life to consider. I have seen plenty of times where changes to RL work, family, health etc. keeps people out of Second Life. I hope that I will always be able to make my own choices, and to leave SL on my terms if the day ever came to pass.
While I was away, Ember Adored made a blog post regarding feeling tied down as a blogger, and how she broke free of the stress that tends to come with blogging nowadays in Second Life. When I read the post I really wanted to respond, but wasn’t able to.
Hair: Exile:: Eyes On Me (@ December’s C88)
Skin: –Glam Affair – Summer v3 – Jamaica – August
Glasses: Glamistry Sunglasses PU2002
Earrings: Chop Zuey – Pentecostal Shoulder Duster Diam Earrings
Jacket: …Mutresse… Tita Coat (@ December’s C88)
Location: The Cyprian Garden
It’s no secret about how I feel about blogging; I have shared some of my sentiments in the past.
And I have also had meetings with fellow bloggers:
When a blogger creates a post, it’s comparable to creating art. You have styling (fashion), staging a scene (H&G), taking a photo (involves photography), and writing up a post (for those who still like to express their sentiments). And whereas it’s nice and can even boost our self-esteem when our art is appreciated, I believe that bloggers that are in it for the long run are intrinsically motivated. That is who I feel content creators should look for when selecting bloggers, and not base it on criteria that can be easily manipulated. But what do I know?
Let’s get to the questions that Ember asked us:
What are some of the biggest things you have agreed to in an application in order to get into a bloggers group?
Honestly for my own sanity, I stay away from too many crazy requirements. All of the stores that I blog for at the moment have reasonable requirements. For events it can get a bit more hectic, but that is more so because of the number of items that you receive. This is why I am hesitant to join a monthly event.
Some of the following requirements have turned me away from applying:
- Blogging ALL releases. I have no idea what you would release in a given calendar month, and just because you want to overextend yourself doesn’t mean I am able to do the same).
- Getting 99+ faves /1k+ views on every Flickr photo. Suppose if my audience doesn’t like a particular photo that I did. Does that really take away from me being a blogger? It’s another thing if you were working as a social media manager and the team notices that certain releases aren’t responding well to the public. But that is marketing and research, not a personal blog.
- Blogging x% of all releases. This is the same as the first requirement. Suppose if a store wants 50% of all releases blogged, and one month they double or even triple the amount of releases. It’s not like you know in advance that this is happening – all you see is the huge amount of releases sent to you, and you get slammed with work.
- (For events) Blog x amount of posts, and have at least x amount of items in each post. This can be tricky to do if you do not know what you are getting in advance. This requirement wouldn’t necessarily turn me away, but I would have to look into it before making a decision.
- Assigned stores to blog (for an event). This is not necessarily a turn off either, but what tends to happen is that while your assigned stores still have not sent out the items for you to blog, other stores are sending items. These are items that you want to blog as well. Then the event or blogger manager sees that there are lots of posts that feature the same content creators, and get upset that people are not doing their job. So yeah – this is not a deal breaker but it can get messy.
Why do you blog?
So who keeps it sweet and sexier – blondes? Or brunettes? I think it’s time to put this to the test (again). Only this time…I’m going to compare two pictures within one post to see what’s what. So….
We have look one:
Y numero dos:
Hey guys! For all of you music lovers and shopaholics alike, I have something for you all today! The Alfa Future People SL music festival started on May 27th, and you will be able to shop the event through June 17th. There will be music from DJs all over the world up until next weekend – you can check the website for their schedule. As I am writing this post, I am listening to DJ Cozi Sawai’s music on mixcloud right on the website. They also have DJ Vodann and DJ Jim Godde. It seems to be dance and electronic music, which would correspond to the RL AFP event that will be held in Russia from July 22 – 24.
Ghee is one of the stores at this musical event, and has released a latex garter mini dress, as well as latex thigh high boots.
I don’t watch Game of Thrones, so when I saw this outfit, at first I was a bit put off from it. But, at the same time, the dark red color and the hood that hides most of your head and part of your face intrigued me.
Wrapping my scarf around my head, I envisioned myself traveling across the land, free to wander wherever I wanted to go. If I encountered someone, I could choose to be friendly, or engage them in an aggressive manner. But mainly I pictured my journey to be that of a solitudinous nature. So when looking for a place to take this picture, I pictured land that would expand out into (seemingly ) infinity.
Outfit: Ghee – Melisandre Gown – Currant
Hair: Exile::Spice (Undercut)
Skin: -Glam Affair – Luna skin – Jamaica
Necklace: Chop Zuey – Moon Women Choker
:[Plastik]:- Makeups- Lip Stripe.
[mock]Liz Shadow in Smoked Seeing Red [eyeshadow]
[mock] Dead of Night Eyeshadow
Pose: Di’s Opera
My hair is blowing in the wind I’m so sexy and free
And when my make-up is on I feel like a rock-star
The sun is shining on me oh yes, I’m living large
– Ciara, Click Flash
I decided to make a basic guideline of what you should have as a fashionista. For those who are in specific hobbies and occupations in SL, not all of the items will apply to you. I could talk for hours on each point that I have mentioned here. My point in making this list is if you don’t already do or have these things, get to it! If you already do, feel free to share this with someone.
Skin: -Glam Affair – Alice – SummerParty – Jamaica
Hair: ::Exile::Future Outcasts
Dress: ~Blacklace~ Sophia: Corset Dress
Shoes: Hucci Jinan Sandal – Red
Jewels: Donna Flora IRINA, Izzie‘s – Midi Rings gold
Prop: BehaviorBody-Chic Sit 2 Prop Chair Grey