Happy New Year!
Hey everyone! Sorry I have not blogged in a bit, but things were busy, both in SL and in RL. Why so serious in that photo? I’ve been doing a lot of thinking, as well as making changes in how I want to participate in Second Life…
1. Last month I moved in SL – still living on the beach of course, but I’m in a much better environment. When i first got my own place, I wanted to have parties and have a great time. This year I will keep a healthy balance between work and fun. I’ll talk about my adventures in furniture shopping for the place on another post.
2. I was a model in the Voluptia Lingerie fashion show, which was my first show in over a year. It really felt like 2 shows since we prepared for another show with a different sponsor, but the show was canceled. The experience was a refresher in runway modeling, and it has encouraged me to continuing pursing my goals for modeling.
3. Over the summer I became marketing chair with a company that specializes in marketing innovative products that help business owners. We have several things planned for this year and can’t wait for them to take place. However, this year I will take the time to work on my own projects. Helping people to make their own dreams come true is great, but it’s a different feeling when you are in the driver’s seat so to speak.
4. Blogging! WordPress has a cool end of the year report about your blog. Here is an excerpt of what it says:
“600 people reached the top of Mt. Everest in 2012. This blog got about 4,800 views in 2012. If every person who reached the top of Mt. Everest viewed this blog, it would have taken 8 years to get that many views.
In 2012, there were 80 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 126 posts. There were 350 pictures uploaded, taking up a total of 121 MB. That’s about 7 pictures per week.”
I am proud of my progress so far with blogging. One of my goals is to be more consistent in posting. It’s pretty obvious that the more content you have, the more visits you will get. I am really happy with the way my photos have been coming along. However it can be a bit discouraging because it seems like if you don’t have the ability to enable shadows in SL, people won’t see your photos as being any good.
5. My inventory desperately needs to be cleaned out. At 52, 346 items, I feel that is too much. My goal is to get between 30k – 31k items by going though everything and deleting old stuff. Also, by boxing up/deleting mesh sizes that I don’t need (XXS, L) I can get rid of stuff I don’t need as well.
I think this is all for now – a lot of things to think about and work on indeed. Until next time!
Jacket/top: GizzA – Felicia Coat -Mesh [Leopard]
Pants: GizzA – Skinny Pants [Grunge Dirty]
Hair: ^;^CaTwA^;^ Candy V2 Roots/Honey (new store gift)
Nails: [Bamboo] Nails (Dark red Victorian Lace white)
Skin: al vulo– leilani* april gold fish sunkissed
Shoes: N-Core COQUETTE Platform “Wild” (Old Group Gift)
[mock] SheerGlow LIpcolor [lip 2] [Carissma]
[mock]Blackest Night Shadow (eyeshadow)
Al Vulo! Mesh Lashes
Pose: (from chair) Trompe Loeil Club Chair corduroy black