Hey guys! This month has been very busy! On Friday The Fashion Loft hosted a 7th rez day party for Ramsa Luv. You can find the photos from the party here.
They have several rooms’ worth of items. When I landed at the landing point, I was right at the DJ stage, surrounded by moving bodies lol. I managed to move my way towards the back of the dance area to get my groove on. This party was VERY hot….as hot as it can be being on a moderate sim ^^
Shoetopia is back, and it’s raining shoes! Shoetopia will open at 12 pm March 25th , and will end on April 15th. With over 50 designers participating, this will be an event that you don’t want to miss!
If you are s group member of Shoetopia’s sponsors (Blueberry, Breathe, CandyDoll, Empire, N-Core, and Reign), then you probably have already stopped by Shoetopia. Members of these groups were allowed to access Shoetopia 24 hours before the event opened.
There have been several videos floating around that shows what shoppers will find on Saturday. I watched videos from Alicia Chenaux, Kitty Otoole, and Strawberry Singh. They all give you a pretty good idea of what the build looks like, and how the sections are set up for each store brand.
Hey guys! This is another photo where I play around with dark lighting. I really should make this into a series ^^ Hope you like!
Hey guys! I have 2 topics of interest today. First, I wanted to share with you all my new profile picture! I normally change it once a season, but I hadn’t changed my last photo since October. So, here it is!
Hair: =DeLa* “Sahara” Browns (@ Uber)
Skin: –Glam Affair – Luna skin – Jamaica
Makeup: [mock] Bonjour Matte Lipstick [Turkish Rose]
[mock] Glitter Pop Eshadow in Jeweled Lake
Jewelry: Chop Zuey: The Dirty Shepherdess Necklace
Earthstones: EarthStones The Diamond Stud – Pear/Gold
Top (also got the pants but not seen): Hucci Yebil Top – Midnight (@ Uber)
The second (and much longer) topic I would like to talk about is about Indie Teepee. One of my friends informed me that there was a discussion panel at Indie Teepee featuring Delicate Flower & Trouble Dethly on July 12th at noon SLT. I have had the pleasure of meeting Trouble before, and I have seen Delicate around the grid and on Plurk. So, I thought it would be interesting to head on over to see what was happening.
I was not sure on what Indie Teepee was about. We have so many events that come up, and we run to shop and purchase items. But many of us do not take the time as to why the event was created. I grabbed this from Scarlet Schadenfreude (evelynscarlet)’s picks, who is the Founder / Creative Director of Indie Teepee.
“Just as Second Life is a home to so many people from all walks of life, Indie Teepee aims to be the roof under which these same people may discover, enjoy and appreciate the diversity and creativity that could only previously be experienced in the real world.
Indie Teepee brings people together through their love of song and art – breaking down barriers and providing a haven for music genres like indie, alternative, rock, electronic dance music and hiphop. This year, we take it a step further to include theatre performances, photography exhibitions, a feature-length machinima and a creative forum.
The success of our inaugural event in 2015 has inspired us to make sure that 2016’s Indie Teepee is a far more welcoming and cosier dwelling for everyone. In this home, there are no strangers, just friends you haven’t met yet.”
According to the moderator, Chris (nathanaelwest), today we would hear from both
Trouble Memphis Dethly (trouble.dethly) and Delicate T. Flower (awylder1) on their day-to-day lives & motivations for their creative outlets. Trouble is the founder of Eclipse Magazine, and Del is the co-owner of Seraphim (Heidi Halberstadt is the other co-owner).
What I did was to attempt to summarize what was said (on voice) during the hour. I tried to keep it as accurate as possible.
( from left to right: Chris, Trouble and Del)
Ricielli has a hunt going on at their mainstore right now to celebrate the World Cup games. All hunt items are 15L each, and located at a temporary location on the sim.
Shirt, pants & shoes: Ricielli World Cup hunt
Hey guys! I’m still not as inspired to blog about things. I did tweak my shape a bit, because I was tired of being just a wee bit too big for a S but M looks big on me around the waist.
Berry did a cool meme this week about Second Life groups, so I got semi-inspired to do a post ^^
1. Have you reached the 42 group limit?
No, but that’s because I leave 2 group slots open for temporary group slots.
2. Do you do a lot of group hopping to keep up with all the groups you want to stay a part of?
I don’t do a lot of it, but I do hop around if the store doesn’t have a subscriber group or if there is an event and the group will close to new membership at a certain point.
3. What makes you want to join a group?
When I first started SL, I joined groups based on how much I liked their free items and group gifts. Also, if my friends had a “friends” or a “DJ” group, I would join that. After the groups expanded from 25 to 42, I was able to join groups that related to what I was interested in – blogging, modeling/fashion, as well as business related groups. So now, what makes me want to join a group is based on interest and whether it’s vital for me to be part of that group.
4. A lot of store VIP groups have a group fee which you have to pay to join. How do you feel about paying group fees?
I don’t really like group fees. I remember when LL increased the number of group slots, a lot of stores suddenly had group fees. Some even put group fees and then gave no gifts or anything that would make me feel like a VIP group member. I feel if you aren’t offering anything extra, don’t make me pay $250-$300-$500-$1000L for empty group space so to speak.
Even though this could be answered in the next question, I’ll bring it up here to make a point. One of my good friends told me to join M.O.C.K Cosmetics, and I was like oh…but it’s $250L to join. However, she knew I had already owned some makeup from Mockie, and said there was a ton of makeup in the notices. So I said okay I’ll join, and I got like 10 items from notices alone. So just when I joined, the group fee paid for itself. Also, the chat is one of the most friendliest group of people that I have ever seen. That is an example of a good V.I.P. group.
5. Name a few groups that you are a part of that you feel everyone should look into joining and share your reasons behind that.
* Chop Zuey – I love their jewelry, and you get several quality pieces a month. Quality meaning that these are items that are sold in the store, and not just a rushed item that’s not fit to be sold. If you are female and don’t mind wearing men’s jewelry, then the gifts are even better. Even if you didn’t want to join their group, they have free items for non-members, but what Belle sometimes does is give 1-2 items of a set to non-members, and the rest to members. Don’t want to pay to get the whole set? Just join the group. The group fee is 350L to join.
* Artistry by E – jewelry store which has classic jewelry, and you get up to 3 customized jewelry sets for your rez day, which is sent out to everyone in the group. Right now there is a sale at the store, and it’s only 100L to join, so a very good time to join.
* Gos Boutique – you can get discounts on shoes, and excellent customer service. I see the group fee is 50L right now (it used to be free and then 500L when a group gift is available).
* Gizza – clothing store that has nice group gifts. I think it’s free…I remember at one time they tried to put a group price, but changed it back. This is where I go when I want to give people a quick makeover – a lot of nice pieces that you can mix and match.
* M.O.C.K Cosmetics (for the reason I said above)
Skin: Glam Affair – Lilith – Jamaica – Clean (not sure if it’s still at GA since it was up for retirement)
Hair: =DeLa*= Mesh Hair “Shell” Dark Brown
Shirt: !*Bliss Couture Mesh*! Members Appreciation gift – Floral Shirt (not sure if Bliss closed already)
Pants: DeeTaleZ Skinny Jeans (forgot if this was a special color for a hunt or is it available in store)
Shoes: ::HH:: Hucci Nude Pumps – Port au Prince
[mock] Miss Vanity Eyeshadow with lashes [gris]
cheLLe – (eyeliner) Eyeliner Basics (Full)
blackLiquid MAKEUP – just gloss
Maitreya V.I.P. Group Gift – Mesh EyeLashes