Yesterday I celebrated my 4th rez day hunting for items in the L’Accesories hunt, and buying various items from the stores. It was fun and overwhelming at the same time to explore that many new stores. I knew of the stores but I had only visited a few of the mainstores. It was pretty fun, and although I wish I had something more…festive planned, it was still a good rez day. And that doesn’t mean I can’t do more on the weekend ^^
Also, I gave out my holiday card to people, which I shared with you all as well. I was taken aback with the amount of positive feedback that I received just by that simple act. I spoke to people who I had not spoken with in a while, and it was a good way of touching base. That makes me feel bad in a way because I have not always shown the same courtesy towards others when they sent me cards in the past. So that is something that I will have to work on from now on.
I watched Rocky Balboa on tv the other day, and when Rocky said this to his son, it really resonated with me.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!”
What are my things to do for the coming year?
Goals for 2014 (in no particular order)
10. Clean my inventory! If I can get to 30k items, I would be so happy. I don’t see myself getting below that – I like shopping too much and it’s important for me to to have a diverse wardrobe. Some people do stuff like throw out everything that’s over a year old, isn’t mesh, or some really restrictive criteria that I can never do.
9. Do something out of the norm once a week. I would love to go to more live events, shows, explore sims, etc.
8. Grow my friendships and make a bigger effort to be social. I feel like I am friendly, but over the past year I have been more solitary. Maybe because my recent activities have required more time to myself, or maybe my friends are busy as well and if I don’t make the effort to arrange something, then nothing happens. Regardless, I would like to make new friends and strengthen all of my relationships. At the end of last year, I visited different places and made a few new friends because of it. It was one of those cases where we were in the right place at the right time, and new friendships were made.
7. Explore romance in SL. Now, I did make an effort to meet people, even though it was via AvMatch haha. I made friends, but no significant others. I will continue this into next year and maybe try inworld places instead :p
6. Learn one new skill. I was reading some questions online that forced you to ask yourself some insightful questions. What have I really learned this year? I think I have improved on some things, but nothing brand new. So next year I will attempt to learn a new skill.
5. Continue growing as a blogger. I am happy with my progress as a blogger, and I only hope to improve over the next year. My biggest goals regarding this is to blog on a regular basis (at least 2x a week), increase my number of followers, and make new relationships with designers.
4. Go on a shopping spree and not care about how much I spend ( I remember, Bunny! ^^ ). Sometimes I wish I could buy the new releases of items with no worries about money. I see women buying fatpacks of releases – even some of my friends too, because when I get a few shoes on sale they say they would buy it too but they have the fatpack already. So it would be nice to shop with no limitations.
3. Be more active in modeling. I am not sure how I can go about doing this, because the time that it takes to do castings & rehearsals conflict with my RL classes. I do miss runway modeling, and there are not as many print modeling jobs that are open to everyone. I can definitely attend more shows though! 😀
2. Continue improving on my photography. I like to think that I have improved significantly since I have started. But I feel that unless I have a computer that has superior graphics, I will not get very far. I have seen raw shots of some terrific photographers, and their raw shots look nothing like mine – lol.
I would love it if I got 50 faves or more on one of my Flickr photos…or even 5. I have several 4 star photos and I’m like…c’mon…you can do it! Get to 5!
1. Believe in myself, my ideas, and my creativity. There’s a lot to that statement, so I won’t try to go into details.
Alright – that’s enough reflecting for now! Happy shopping!