Hey guys! I’m still not as inspired to blog about things. I did tweak my shape a bit, because I was tired of being just a wee bit too big for a S but M looks big on me around the waist.
Berry did a cool meme this week about Second Life groups, so I got semi-inspired to do a post ^^
1. Have you reached the 42 group limit?
No, but that’s because I leave 2 group slots open for temporary group slots.
2. Do you do a lot of group hopping to keep up with all the groups you want to stay a part of?
I don’t do a lot of it, but I do hop around if the store doesn’t have a subscriber group or if there is an event and the group will close to new membership at a certain point.
3. What makes you want to join a group?
When I first started SL, I joined groups based on how much I liked their free items and group gifts. Also, if my friends had a “friends” or a “DJ” group, I would join that. After the groups expanded from 25 to 42, I was able to join groups that related to what I was interested in – blogging, modeling/fashion, as well as business related groups. So now, what makes me want to join a group is based on interest and whether it’s vital for me to be part of that group.
4. A lot of store VIP groups have a group fee which you have to pay to join. How do you feel about paying group fees?
I don’t really like group fees. I remember when LL increased the number of group slots, a lot of stores suddenly had group fees. Some even put group fees and then gave no gifts or anything that would make me feel like a VIP group member. I feel if you aren’t offering anything extra, don’t make me pay $250-$300-$500-$1000L for empty group space so to speak.
Even though this could be answered in the next question, I’ll bring it up here to make a point. One of my good friends told me to join M.O.C.K Cosmetics, and I was like oh…but it’s $250L to join. However, she knew I had already owned some makeup from Mockie, and said there was a ton of makeup in the notices. So I said okay I’ll join, and I got like 10 items from notices alone. So just when I joined, the group fee paid for itself. Also, the chat is one of the most friendliest group of people that I have ever seen. That is an example of a good V.I.P. group.
5. Name a few groups that you are a part of that you feel everyone should look into joining and share your reasons behind that.
* Chop Zuey – I love their jewelry, and you get several quality pieces a month. Quality meaning that these are items that are sold in the store, and not just a rushed item that’s not fit to be sold. If you are female and don’t mind wearing men’s jewelry, then the gifts are even better. Even if you didn’t want to join their group, they have free items for non-members, but what Belle sometimes does is give 1-2 items of a set to non-members, and the rest to members. Don’t want to pay to get the whole set? Just join the group. The group fee is 350L to join.
* Artistry by E – jewelry store which has classic jewelry, and you get up to 3 customized jewelry sets for your rez day, which is sent out to everyone in the group. Right now there is a sale at the store, and it’s only 100L to join, so a very good time to join.
* Gos Boutique – you can get discounts on shoes, and excellent customer service. I see the group fee is 50L right now (it used to be free and then 500L when a group gift is available).
* Gizza – clothing store that has nice group gifts. I think it’s free…I remember at one time they tried to put a group price, but changed it back. This is where I go when I want to give people a quick makeover – a lot of nice pieces that you can mix and match.
* M.O.C.K Cosmetics (for the reason I said above)
Skin: Glam Affair – Lilith – Jamaica – Clean (not sure if it’s still at GA since it was up for retirement)
Hair: =DeLa*= Mesh Hair “Shell” Dark Brown
Shirt: !*Bliss Couture Mesh*! Members Appreciation gift – Floral Shirt (not sure if Bliss closed already)
Pants: DeeTaleZ Skinny Jeans (forgot if this was a special color for a hunt or is it available in store)
Shoes: ::HH:: Hucci Nude Pumps – Port au Prince
[mock] Miss Vanity Eyeshadow with lashes [gris]
cheLLe – (eyeliner) Eyeliner Basics (Full)
blackLiquid MAKEUP – just gloss
Maitreya V.I.P. Group Gift – Mesh EyeLashes