New meme started by Berry – Why Do I Blog? What’s my inspiration? Being a Second Life blogger is no easy task. Styling clothing, setting up and taking the photo, and presenting the information in a way that will be pleasing to both you and your audience are three separate skill sets. Those who are good at all three I would imagine will have a good amount of followers. That’s why I find it hilarious when …
1. People say bloggers are in it for the “free” items. To me, free is free – no strings attached, and no obligations to do anything for the creator in return. Bloggers who are in it for the free items only and do not plan to do right by the creators will find that they will get very few items, if any at all.
2. People compare blogging to making mesh items or other designing/building aspects in order to belittle the blogger and imply that their work is too easy to be valuable. I saw this conversation once and it made me feel disgust towards the creator who said it. Two totally different skill sets involved, and it goes to show how people take things like writing and photography for granted.
3. This one is sad actually…when people harass bloggers so much because they are jealous of their work that the bloggers stop blogging entirely.
So, why do I blog despite the negativity that some people have towards bloggers?
1. How long have you been blogging? I’ve been blogging on my current blog since April 2011.
2. Why did you start blogging? I love to write; don’t really write as much as I used to, though. When I started Second Life, I was fascinated with the fashion and lifestyle blogs geared towards SL. Eventually I realized that I had a lot of things I wanted to say, and having a blog would be my way of expressing my thoughts and ideas.
3. How many times a week do you post an entry? I try to aim for at least once a week. That is what I promised myself for my goals for blogging this year. Sometimes I blog more; sometimes less depending on my time and how much creative juices I’ve got going at the time.
4. How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis? I love wordpress blogs because you can get a subscription of the blog, and every time a new post is made, the link gets delivered to your inbox. That comes in handy with SL blogs…I probably have at least a dozen blogs I follow that way. Then I bookmark various blogs that I like reading, geared towards living a healthy lifestyle through your diet and exercise. Some real life fashion stuff too. It’s hard to give an exact number lol.
5. Do you comment on other people’s blogs? Yes, if I feel I have something significant to say. I’m actually working with someone to start an initative to comment more on people’s blogs. It’s a great confidence boost, and it makes you feel that people care what you have to say on a certain topic.
6. Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? Yes – I like seeing the numbers go up, and try to gauge what topics people seem to like the most.
7. Did you ever regret a post that you wrote? No – I think about what I want to say before posting. Even if I have different feelings now from when I wrote a certain post, I don’t regret it because that was a snapshot of a single moment in time.
8. Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog? I would like to think so! That is why I try to talk in my posts instead of just snapping photos and calling it a day.
9. Do you blog under your real name? No, my blog is under my Second Life name. Even when I had a RL personal blog, I always used an alias. When I first started going online, someone I knew took my personal info and put it on a dating site without my knowledge. That single incident has had a major impact on how and who I choose to share my info with.
10. Are there topics that you would never blog about? Yeah, I would imagine so. Even though I feel my blog is a reflection of me, I feel you have to always consider your audience when writing. Some topics just aren’t meant to be put on a blog geared towards a general audience. What I may find to be acceptable, others may not. However, I am not afraid of controversy, so if I have something to say, I have no problems talking about it on my blog.
11. What is the theme/topic of your blog? Moni’s World in Second Life – heavily influenced by fashion (I am always looking for the next sale haha), with a dash of other aspects. For instance, I LOVE SL food, and I hear a food event is coming up this summer. Guess who will be looking to blog about it? This girl right here ^^
12. Do you have more than one blog? If so, why? No, I don’t have another blog at this time. I have been asked to maintain a couple of blogs, and I have talked with other people about collaborating on blogs. I have entertained the idea of doing a blog speficially geared towards fashion, but taking photos is so hard for me 😦 Then you have to blog it, etc etc…ain’t nobody got time for all of that lol.
13. What have you found to be the benefits of blogging? My biggest benefit is to see my growth as a blogger/stylist/photographer through my blogging, and to see the results in comments, hits, and subscribers. I enjoy meeting both designers and fellow bloggers in my ventures, and I like having a place to call my own.
14. So, why do you continue to blog? As long as I feel like I have something to say and share with others, I will continue to blog. Plus, it’s great having a record of what I do in Second Life. Even if SL suddenly went poof, and I lost all of my logs and inventory, I will still have my blog to capture some moments of my Second Life.
Skin: al vulo– Ramona* peacock blonde brow sunkissed
Hair: /Wasabi Pills/ Alice Mesh Hair – Golden
Top:[Pretty Liar] – Princess Tee w/ Lolas
Pants: Que Bella – Curvy Jeans~Pinky
Feet: [Gos] Barefoot V2 – Flat (I got the feet! ^^)
Glasses: Izzie’s Oversized Mesh Sunglasses
Ring: Donna Flora – ICECREAM ring
Nails: [Bamboo] Nails – Nightsky Jailed
[mock]Party all night/Indifference Fawn
blackLiquid MAKEUP – just gloss